Saturday, October 17, 2009

my glue

for four days last week, into early this week, Chloƫ was attached to me. She was sick, and I have never seen her like this before. Through countless bouts of ear infection, and colds, and fever spikes, I have never seen my pumpkin so clingy, so needy, so attached. In the last several weeks, she has become so independent, walking every which way, throwing temper tantrums like a big girl, and brushing my hugs aside, I had started to wonder if her entry into toddlerhood hadn't come a little too soon. And then, on Friday she glued herself to me and didn't let go. While I wished her well with every fiber of my body, I also cherished her warmth, the feeling of her head on my chest, her arms gripping my arms, and the overwhelming need she had for me. By Monday, I was getting a little claustrophobic, but even before it was over, even before she unstuck herself from me, I already missed her. It's now Friday night and she's been unstuck for a couple of days. I miss her.

0 comments: