Monday, October 4, 2010

the bright side

in the last week our car ended up in the shop, our house flooded, and Chloë has a double ear infection. However, we are STILL pregnant! 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant to be exact.

When I turned 36 weeks, I got my cerclage removed, and was officially taken off bed rest! While my mobility is still somewhat compromised because everything HURTS from four months of laying on my bum, this is HUGE. A momentous occasion which we celebrated with a date night! I actually got to leave the house and not worry about whether walking from the car to the restaurant would cause me to go into labor. It was wonderful, everything I imagined freedom would be like. I felt like I was walking on air, with fairies and butterflies following my every move, and rainbows paving the way. It felt *that* magical. More magical than that was picking up my Chloë after 4 months. The look of utter delight on her face when I offered to pick her up is something I will NEVER forget. She was beyond happy, and kept saying "Wook at me, mommy!" as if I didn't know what we were doing. Oh, I knew..everything hurt, but it was all worth it.

As if I couldn't get any happier, I also realized that bed rest made me love being pregnant. While I love the result of pregnancy, I've never been one of those women who delight themselves in the actual being pregnant part of the whole thing. I don't like the maternity clothes, I despise the constant peeing, I hate it when people stare, when strangers and acquaintances want to touch your belly, oh! and morning sickness, let's not even go there! The list could go on, and on (and on...) However, yesterday I realized that I am LOVING being pregnant. The horrible back discomfort, the hip aches, and insane sciatic nerve pain *almost* don't bother me, because I keep thinking that I am so incredibly pregnant, and I'm just thrilled! So, in the grand scheme of things, all the craziness going on in our household, is entirely secondary to the fact that our little boy is still safely inside!

0 comments: