Monday, March 28, 2011

tranquility

this weekend I got a break from the delightful chaos my life has become. I was gone for approximately 30 hours, at an amazing Inn in Charlottesville, Va. Before I left, I wondered if it was too short a getaway, then I debated whether it might be too long-a whole night away? I didn't leave Chloƫ until she was well over a year. The morning arrived, and I found myself eager for the drive, which I took with a good friend. In the 30 hours I was gone, I revelled in festivities of a friend's bachelorrete weekend; basked in the sound of silence as there were no shrills of "mommmmyyyyy" anywhere in sight; slept with the knowledge that no one would wake me; and basically relaxed .. had some spa treatments, engaged in a ridiculous amount of girl talk, and read. Read without having to stop to unload the washer, or change a diaper, or take someone to the potty. It was heavenly. However, before the 30 hours were up, I missed the giggles, and the coos, and the diaper changing, and the smell of freshly washed baby clothes, and the delightful chaos my life has become. In the end, it was the perfect getaway. Long enough to enjoy being on my own, but short enough so I could get back to my loves.



a dusting of snow on the roses outside the room


the view from the breakfast table

0 comments: