Thursday, November 19, 2009

thursday evening shenanigans

after taking two pretty good tumbles today at daycare, I thought Chloë might not be at her best this evening. Much to my surprise, she was in a super mood, and was being a total ham. She made my day by showering me with her mad, sloppy kisses, and eating all of her dinner. Now I truly understand the very real frustration my own mother must have lived through day in and day out with my lack of appetite and refusal to take "just one more bite". Well, tonight was a good night. There was no frustration, and to celebrate it, Chloë went all out and hammed it up before bedtime. We even let her stay up past her bedtime because she just looked like she was having such a blast. At bedtime, I held her a little tighter as she nursed all sleepily, and I marvelled at how big she's getting. I had one of those moments when everything seems so surreal as I realized that not too long ago, I could hold her with one arm, and she fit in there just right, her teeny, tiny body, right in the nook of my arms. Tonight, her not so teeny, tiny body takes over both my arms, and stretches out by my thighs, and her feet dangle to the side.









0 comments: