Sunday, November 22, 2009

weekend highlights

there was nothing exactly special about our weekend, other than the fact that every weekend with Chloë is special. In any case, there were a few noteworthy, and special moments that made me, for the millionth time, count my blessings, for the wonderful husband, and amazing kid we have. There is nothing cuter than Chloë calling Kyra over, or "Dog" as she refers to Kyra, and smacking her lips in the air trying to get a kiss in...after few attempts, she kissed her square on the snout, and squealed in delight. Abso-frickin'-lutely the CUTEST thing I've ever seen her do! Though, later in the afternoon, her attempts at helping Josh rake leaves in the yard might rival the love fest with Dog. As Josh dutifully piled all the leaves into the bag, Chloë followed him around and tried to grab as many handfuls of leaves OUT of the bag as she could. Again, couldn't get any cuter than that. And now, not to toot my own horn, but the kid also just cannot get enough of me. She spent much of Sunday climbing all over me in order to read a book together, or watch daddy do yardwork, or pet Kyra, it didn't matter, as long as she managed to get one leg over to climb onto my lap, or her arms over my shoulder to hang on to me, she was literally on top of me, and while I exclaimed, a couple of times, "OMG, how can I get anything done with this kid on top of me all day?" I was secretly hoping she would never let go. So, all in all, one of the BEST weekends ever. And what did we do? Nothing special. May all weekends be like this.

and because we didn't manage to get a picture of any of these moments, here's a video of her tickle fest before bedtime tonight:

0 comments: