Thursday, April 22, 2010

kisses with love

Nowadays Chloƫ is a big fan--HUGE fan--of giving kisses. She puckers up perfectly, and loves to kiss her baby dolls, her teddy bears, Kyra, all her school friends, even Elmo pictures she sees in her books. Mommy and daddy? Not so much. Everytime either one of us asks for a kiss it's as if she almost delights herself in saying "Nao!" with a bit of a smirk. It's like she knows we just desperately want that adorable kiss and only she can give it to us.

Every night before bed, Josh will ask "Can daddy have a kiss?" as we're getting her ready for bed, and invariably she'll smirk and say "NAO!" Well, tonight, love was in the air, and as he asked for a kiss, she puckered up and waited till he he got close to her, and she gave him an AWESOME, delicious kiss. And she kept giving away those kisses, like they were free or something. At one point, I couldn't resist and asked for some too, thinking in the back of my mind that she'd deny me the love, but thankfully, she deemed me worthy and I got kisses too. After all our kisses, I said to Josh, well, that was our allotment of kisses for the rest of the month and he laughed.

My fears were confirmed this morning when I asked for a kiss and she gave me that knowing look and said "Nao!"

0 comments: