Wednesday, July 6, 2011

reason #547 why i love her.

Last night I was feeling very queasy and had a horrible stomach ache. Blame it on all the 4th of July food extravaganza at our household...So, after both kids were fed, I had to lay on the couch. Actually, I was all curled up. Lucas had the iPhone to distract him, but Chloë was a little concerned when she realized I wasn't feeling well:

C: Mommy? You sick?
Me: Yes, honey. I don't feel good.
C: You need to go to the doctor?
Me: No, I just need to lay down here.
C: Oh, ok. Here, I sing and pet you. A, B, C, D, E, F, Geeeee....H, I J, K, emmenonopeeee [all done while petting my hair.]
Me: Aw, thanks honey.
C: You feel better now?
Me: Still a little sick.
C: Hmm..

So, she proceeded to walk up to the shelf where we have all our pictures. She picked one up of my mom, and one of my dad, walked over to me and said "Mommy, it's ok, your mommy and daddy are here."



Chloë, wise beyond her years...

0 comments: