Saturday, July 9, 2011

to my Chloë-on your 3rd birthday-

Happy, happy, birthday to my favorite, most wonderful daughter in the whole world! You are my sunshine, my light, my sparkle. The years have flown by and I am constantly amazed by the little person you are becoming. You carry your heart on your sleeve, and you fill our days with laughter, and joy.

I look at you and I could just about burst with so much love.

I love it when you sing your worries away, and when you rush to your brother's side when he cries. I love that you enjoy giving 'big hugs' and 'kiss, kiss, kiss!' and that you cuddle before bedtime. I love our snuggles in the morning, and our tickle fests in the afternoon. I love that to you so many things are fantastic, and you see the world with utter amazement. I love that you can speak both English and Portuguese, but only when you want to. I love your stubbornness and your candid confessions. I love your thinking finger, and your crazy curls. I love your silly faces and serious looks, and also your trembling lips and begging eyes. I love your little toesies and sneaky belly button, and also your belly. I love your gentle touch with your brother as you always remind us to be careful with his head. I love it that you get him toys and make him smile like no one else does, and the way you dance across the room singing your ballerina song. I love all those things and so much more, and want you to know that I will always love you, the good, the bad, the silly, the serious, the sad, the 'everything' you are made of.

Happy 3rd birthday, Chloë!

0 comments: