Monday, March 30, 2009

sleep training, part deux

a couple of months ago we sleep trained Chloë. I know how that sounds kind of mean and clinical, but truth be told, she took quite well to Dr. Weissbluth's methods, and I was finally able to get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. Since then I've had a secret love affair with Dr. W. ..all in my mind, of course, but I had hoped my love affair would remain a thing of daydreams, and that I would not have to revisit Dr. W. for a long, long time. So much for that. Today the day finally arrived where we had to unswaddle Chloë. After almost 9 months of going to sleep all tight and cozy, we came to accept that her straitjacket days were over, for over a week she has been breaking free of her cocoon, so today was the day. Needless to say, there was a lot of crying. More updates will follow...


she looks VERY happy here, but this is because she was waking up..not going to sleep.

0 comments: