Thursday, March 12, 2009

sleeping beauty

Every night before I go to bed, I check in on Chloƫ to make sure she's doing well, and most importantly to check on her positioning in the crib--sometimes she's all turned around, her legs up on the sides--which can sometimes cause her to wake up earlier than usual. The best alignment to encourage sleep for her is when she is lying with her head closest to the end, about 5-7 inches away from the 'headboard', and perfectly centered. (I know, I am THAT paranoid mother!) No matter how perfectly we lay her there, by 11pm she's managed to scoot halfway down, and is turned sideways, so her legs are cramped, or other times she's all scrunched up on the side railings. If she gets too close to the 'end headboard' of the crib, and too close to one side or another she wakes up VERY annoyed because there is nowhere else to go..sooooo (forgive me for the long description, I almost forgot my point) when I went in to re-align her tonight, she opened up her eyes, very, very wide, cooed at me, and as I pretended to not have noticed sleeping beauty coming to life, she continued to coo and smile. Somehow, I managed to ignore the cuteness the lay in front of me, and walked out of the room, as she followed me with her eyes. For sure I thought she'd cry before falling back asleep. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that after a few minutes of more cooing, she went about her business and fell back asleep.

0 comments: