Sunday, April 26, 2009

we marched for dimes today!

today we marched for dimes, we marched for babies.


back in July when Chloë was born and spent two weeks at the NICU, I knew I wanted to do something to thank everyone who helped us through those times, and also to help others who may have to deal with a similar experience. I wanted to show my appreciation for all the support from family and friends, but also all the doctors, and nurses. I wanted to make sure as few people as possible have to endure what we did. Back then I didn't know about March of Dimes, but now I'm so glad I do.

Josh and I are so blessed with our gorgeous little pumpkin, and we are so thankful she came home to us after a brief (what seemed like an eternity at the time..) stint at the NICU. We are so indebted to all the doctors and nurses who helped us, and we have so much love and appreciation for all our friends and family who stood by us, from near and far, while we went through our rollercoaster of pregnancy and delivery.

today as we gathered at the park before our walk began, I felt little pangs of hurt, remembering the days right before Chloë was born, and those days soon after she came out, tiny, tiny, but breathing on her own (!!) They were little, tiny pangs of hurt, because 99.9% of the time, I almost don't remember how hard it was for us to have our pregnancy robbed from us (I know that sounds dramatic, but that's exactly how it felt!) cut short, and how jipped I felt we didn't get to experience having a baby the same way most people do: 9 months with a bun in the oven, a couple of days in the hospital, and leaving the hospital as a family, coming home together. We didn't get that, and each day that goes by I forget a little bit more, the sadness I felt for having missed out. So, today, they were just little pangs of hurt, surrounded by tremendous joy for being able to march for dimes and give back in some small way.



Josh, Chloë and I are so thankful for everyone who supported us today on our walk, and we are specially thankful for Shannon who walked with us!

0 comments: