Monday, April 27, 2009

weaning? not me, not yet!

but one of my favorite bloggers, Her Bad Mother, has a beautiful post about her experience weaning her son--click here. For me, I feel the time is soon approaching, but I'm both dreading it and looking forward to it, mostly dreading it. I've already come to the realization that in addition to loving my times nursing Chloë, I also feel it's my way of making it up to her for not having kept her inside for her full 9 months. I know, I know, it was not my fault, but I still feel guilty over her lost 6 weeks. So for this reason--and because I'm crazy about her and love her little hands grabbing my breasts, and how intense she gets when she first starts eating, and how playful she then becomes after she gets her fill, by letting these tiny smiles escape her lips as she continues to suckle--for all these reasons, I almost wish I could nurse her forever.

0 comments: