Friday, May 22, 2009

why weaning will SUCK

Today I had an MRI with contrast for a shoulder/nerve injury. You would think that the fact that I was stuck inside a coffin, practically, for 1 hour and 47 minutes would be sufficient punishment for one day. You would think my day couldn't get any worse. You would think that for a Friday, my day would surely get better. You would be wrong.

The fact that I was injected with gadolinium contrast means that for 24 hours I have to pump and dump--DUMP my milk. It means I can't nurse my little pumpkin. It means that when she clamours for my milk, hands outstretched inching her little mouth to my chest, I have to push her away. Ultimately, it means weaning will suck. I already knew that. But seeing the want in her eyes as she tried to grab my shirt yum-yumming and smacking her lips just broke my heart.

Yes, I can definitely say weaning will suck. Maybe more for me than her, but for sure, when the time comes, I will be one broken hearted mommy.

Here's to hoping time could stand still...

0 comments: