Friday, June 13, 2008

...and the bed rest continues

...or we can call it 'taking it easy at home' as the doctor prefers refers to it. I went in to my morning check up with a long list of questions of what I could and could not do if the stay at home routine was prolonged. Things are looking better and it looks like my cervix has lengthened by 1 or 2 mm, and so to make sure it gets even better I'm to stay home 'taking it easy' for the next 6-8 weeks. So after asking my questions we've established that I can:


-go to the movies if I'm dropped off at the door
-go out for dinner if, again, I'm dropped off at the door
-fix myself some breakfast/lunch as long as it's not an elaborate meal
-go up and down the stairs in moderation and when doing so, very slowly

And I can't:

-do any housework that requires me to be on my feet for long
-take the dog out
-go to the gym (!)

...and the list of can't continues on and on. The saddest part was going to the gym and freezing my membership for 6 months! All in all, it's not bad since things are improving down there, and hopefully I can keep myself entertained for the next several weeks without going crazy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the dots personally