Wednesday, June 4, 2008

and so it begins...with a bang!

Today was officially my first day of bed rest. I have to admit...being able to turn off the alarm after waking Josh up, and hearing him in the shower while I knew I could stay in bed even as the clock read 6:30am...that felt pretty good.


I wanted to establish a routine to make sure I can continue to get my work done..my bosses are being pretty wonderful and understanding about letting me work from home...so in order to be able to actually accomplish such a feat, I figured a routine was in order. I left showering for later, hoping it would break up my day, but I did get dressed in what I consider semi-cute attire. Form fitting track bottoms and a tank top that accentuated my growing mid-section. After breakfast (frosted flakes, bananas and milk) I managed to get in a good 4 hours of work before our remodelling contractor showed up for the final walk through.

After lunch, I though I'd be able to put in my next 4 hours of uninterrupted work..but restlessness got the best of me and at around 2:30pm I decided I needed to shower. I was still naked when I heard the phone ring and Josh told me I needed to get my ass to our neighbor's house to get to the basement because of the tornado warning. Outside it wasn't raining yet, so I thought he was being a bit overly dramatic...but once I managed to get dried and dressed, and was out the door, the skies were so dark, and the rain had started. I made it to the neighbor's right before the rain and wind got bad, and the lights went out for a while. It was a quick storm but I waited it out until 4:30pm to come home.

One would think one tornado warning a day would have been enough adventure for my first day of bed rest...but a little after 7:30pm, after I had managed to get back in the groove of work, I found myself following the orders of the TV weather man and taking cover in 'an interior room' for the second tornado warning of the day. My interior room was my bathroom..and the dog thought it was very odd that we were both sitting on the bathroom floor for 25 minutes while the tornado touched down some 25 miles from us.

Josh got home a little while after that and we figured it'd be a good story to tell the baby when she comes out...

0 comments: